Chapter 8 vehicle markings for cars, vans and specialist vehicles.
Gecko provides a dedicated service for vehicle safety markings, where you can source professionally templated full or part rear chevron kits.
All though Chapter 8 is not yet legislation, many local authorities, highway construction and maintenance companies have now adopted these guidelines as best practice and will not allow work vehicles onto site unless they are Chapter 8 compliant with appropriate safety markings.
If your vehicle is stopping or in use for works purposes on any highway or high-speed road then YES.
It really depends on the work purpose of your vehicle, if your vehicle is stopping on the highway or high-speed roads you will need the following markings;
• 50mm wide conspicuous striping along the length of the vehicle in either white, yellow or fluorescent yellow.
• Highway Maintenance black lettering applied to the rear in either 70mm or 140mm in height depending on the vehicle size.
• Red reflective stripes to all rear facing edges of doors, guard rails and equipment lockers.
• Reflective red and yellow stripes on the rear covering as much of the rear as possible, stripes must be applied at a 45-degree angle.
• If a cherry picker or crane, for example, is obscuring the chevrons then additional Chapter 8 must be applied to these also.
Most vehicles will need a standard chevron kit which consists of 150mm wide red reflective and yellow fluorescent striping however there are certain vehicles which are required to bear stronger visibility markings. Gecko offers a premium reflective which is 9 x more visible at night and used by vehicles stopping in fast-moving traffic that need to be seen from a long distance, e.g.
• Emergency Services
• Traffic Management
• Maintenance Vehicles
• Equipment Installations/Removal Vehicles
• Impact Protection Vehicles
• Escort Vehicles
Unit 1, Purlieu Centre, Hardley Industrial Estate, Hythe, Southampton, Hampshire, SO45 3AE
Copyright © 2020